Welcome to the Bridlewood PTA Website!
- REGISTRATION: 2015-2016 PTA Registration is under way, please join today!
- SCHOOL FORMS: LISD Back to School Forms: (Skyward Access Needed, Aug 1st - Oct 1st)
- NEWCOMERS: New to Bridlewood Elementary? Click here for the scoop.
- SPIRIT WEAR: NEW 2015-2016 Spirit Wear T-shirts, Car Decals and Yard Signs!
- UPDATE TEACHER INFO: Please update your child's teacher assignment for the directory.
- ADVERTISE IN THE BRIDLEWOOD PTA ANNUAL SCHOOL DIRECTORY: The PTA is busy planning the annual school directory. Don't miss out on a great opportunity to advertise your business. To participate, fill out this form and return payment by Sept. 18th. Thank you for your support!
- BOOK CLUB REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT: Bridlewood Book Club--Fall Session registration deadline is Sept 3rd! Book Fees can by made online, due Sept 4th! Register and Pay online today!
Bridlewood Elementary School: Upcoming Events
-- BES PTA General Meeting: All parents welcome!
September 9th, 1:30pm, BES Cafeteria
ALL PARENTS ARE WELCOME! Come learn about what the Bridlewood PTA has planned for this school year and see how you can get involved. This is a great opportunity to connect with other parents.
-- Patriot Day and National Day of Service & Remembrance
Wear Red, White & Blue to school to honor this national holiday.
-- Shops at Highland Village: "It's Elementary School Rewards" Contest
August 24th - October 18th
PLEASE TURN IN YOUR RECEIPTS! Shop+Dine=Give. Every dollar you spend at the Shops of Highland Village (except Whole Foods) can raise money for Bridlewood Elementary! Simply turn in your receipts to the office. The sales will be tracked over an 8 week period, and 1st place earns the school $3000! The contest starts August 24th until October 18th. For information on this fun contest, please follow this link:
-- BES Fall Fundraising Event: Tailgate Throwdown and BBQ Cook-off
Saturday, October 24th
Mark your calendars for Bridlewood Elementary's first Tailgate Throwdown and Barbecue Cook-off, Saturday, October 24th.
The event will include a barbecue cook-off, a silent auction, a fall bazaar, entertainment and lots of football fun and games for the entire family.
Bridlewood Fundraising Info
Build a Bronco Check Drive
"Build a Bronco" is our check drive and it is the ONLY fundraising event we hope to do this school year. The check drive will fund the programs and activities for our school. In the past we have sold wrapping paper, passbooks, coffee and more!
-- That is ONE CHECK - ONE TIME A YEAR and it is 100% Tax Deductible!
-- Our 2015-2016 "Build a Bronco" Check Drive goal is $12,000.
-- The PTA spent approximately $70 per student on programs last year.
-- If each family would kindly donate $50 or more per family, we will meet our goal!
-- Click here to donate today! Thank you!
** Last day for PTA pick-up/delivery will be September 15th. After September 15th, all orders will need to be picked up at Big Frog by the parents. Thank you!
Show off your Bridlewood Spirit by purchasing Spirit Wear T-Shirts for the whole family. Car decals and yard signs are available this year to show off your spirit at home or on the go. Want to sparkle? Custom shirts can be ordered to include bling and glitter when you order directly from Big Frog (extended sizes available too). All styles can be purchased online thru the Big Frog website.
-- Marquee Birthday Announcement Auction
Next Auction TBA (Stay Tuned!)
Imagine seeing your name on the Marquee! Here is the chance to wish your child Happy Birthday in a special way. Bid NOW and make your little Bronco’s birthday extra special this year! We will now offer one birthday winner each week starting Aug 24th, the first week of school! Follow this link for important information regarding this auction, thank you!
Box Tops Contest
First 9 Weeks of school
Please remember to clip and save your Box Tops! There will be fun class contests throughout the year. You can send them to school in a baggie or on a collection sheet found at the link below. Please make sure to include your child's name and teacher. Your child can send them to their teacher or put them in the Box Tops box in front of the cafeteria. Thank you for helping earn money for our school!
Bridlewood Birthday Books
Introducing the NEW BIRTHDAY BOOKS program at BES! This is an optional way to celebrate your child's special day. Simply go pick out a book to purchase from this link to donate to our school library. Your child's name will appear in the cover of the book recognizing that the book was gifted in their honor. Your child will also be recognized for their birthday book donation. Thank you for considering this great program!
Thank you for supporting Bridlewood PTA and school!
Volunteer Opportunities at BES
There are endless opportunities to volunteer at Bridlewood. Here are several that we need all year!
- Special Event on October 24th -- Neighborhood Tailgate Party and Barbecue Cookoff - Volunteers needed to help prepare for the fall fundraising event on October 24th. The event will include fall festivities, a barbecue cook-off, a silent auction, a fall bazaar and lots of football fun and games for the entire family. We need volunteers to help with the silent auction, wristband sales, vendor booths and sponsors. Contact Melinda Arriola at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer follow this link for online sign-up.
- Be the Bronco -- Show your school spirit!! We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to wear the Bronco costume at various events throughout the school year. When we have a need, we will reach out to our group of volunteers to see who may be available. Click here to volunteer! Questions? Contact Juels Fredrick at email@example.com.
- Book Club Volunteer, Oct 24-29th -- Parent volunteers will lead small groups through a fun, pre-planned activity, snack and book discussion (guidelines provided). Please visit the Book Club page for more details on meetings dates and times. Contact Sara Pellegreen at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or click here to volunteer for the fall session.
- Classroom Photographers Wanted -- Like taking pictures of your kiddos? How about use your skills and volunteer for your homeroom teacher to take pictures throughout the year! Pictures are needed at classroom parties, field trips, music performances, lunch, recess, after school enrichment activities, or any other school related events. These pictures help fill our yearbook each year and create a beautiful keepsake for all to cherish! Please contact Heather Curlett for more information or to sign up here! (email@example.com)
- Lunchroom Helpers -- Come help the kindergarten kids and teachers during lunch. Please click here to select a day to volunteer. Lunchroom Helper Coordinator: Stacey Hatem (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Morning Mile Volunteers -- Need several volunteers who can commit to one day every week. Set up cones, hand out tallies, and write down laps. Contact Rikki Boehmer (email@example.com) or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Motor Lab Volunteers -- Assist teachers in the Motor Lab (works with K and 1st grade on core strengthening, fine and gross motor skills.) Please contact Jaime Vrabel (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Tuesday Newsday -- We are looking for volunteers to help out at least one Monday a month for about an hour to distribute flyers to the teacher folders. This is an ideal job if you can't make a long-term commitment! Just sign up on the dates you're available! If you are interested in helping one hour, once or on multiple days, please sign up here. If you have questions, please email Holly Hill (email@example.com).
- Reflections Community Volunteers -- We are looking for community volunteers to help teach 45-60 minute seminars on various topics relating to this year's theme of "Let Your Imagination Fly' with regards to photography, video/film, song writing, poetry writing or other topics. Please click here to sign up or contact Heather Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) -- Calling all Dads! The Watch D.O.G.S. engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at Bridlewood. Contact Kirk Nobles (email@example.com) or click here to sign up to volunteer!
- “Pinch Hitters” -- ALWAYS Needed! These volunteers help out in various programs when needed. Please contact Lesli Witte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bridlewood PTA Sponsors
- Please click on the Sponsor's Logo below and you will be directed to their website.
- Thank you for your support of our Bridlewood PTA and school!