Welcome to the Bridlewood PTA Website!
(Be sure to Log-In in order to access the hidden tabs above and the entire site)
- REGISTRATION: 93% Registered for PTA! Free Directory to all members!
- SPIRIT WEAR: NEW 2015-2016 Spirit Wear T-shirts, Car Decals and Yard Sign!
- VOLUNTEER: Follow this link to sign up for all volunteer activities at BES!
- S.T.E.A.M. LAB: (See info below) Click here for the wish list!
- ORDER YEARBOOK: $25 sale until Jan--Order online here ("No Customer #?" section)
NOTICE: At the next Bridlewood PTA General Membership Meeting (March 3rd, 6:15pm), the PTA Executive Board has recommended changes to the Bridlewood PTA Bylaws and Standing Rules. (See information below)
Bridlewood Elementary School: Upcoming Events
First Grade: 1:45 - 2:45
Second Grade: 12:30 - 1:30
Third Grade: 2/12 2:00-2:45
Fourth Grade: 1:30-2:30
Fifth Grade: Mini-town -- Feb. 12, starts at 8:15 and goes throughout the day with a break for specials at 10:30 - 11:20, parents can come and go
All Bridlewood students are invited to step up to the GREEN IMPACT CHALLENGE and create a solution to address the theme of what it means to "Grow Green...Grow Strong."
This is a Visual Arts and Writing Contest! All grades are welcome to participate and submit an entry or "solution." There is NO limit to how many solutions a student can submit.
ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY MONDAY, MARCH 14TH
Entries will be judged at a school level by March 18th, with advancing entries judged at the LISD PTA Council Level by March 26th. All students who advance to the Council Level are invited to attend an awards ceremony on Saturday, April 9th that will be held in conjunction with the City of Lewisville "Colorpalooza--A Celebration of Spring" at Lewisville City Hall in the Council Chambers.
The event will host a wide-range of earth-friendly, conservation-celebrating exhibits such as Chalk This Way, Eco Alley, local vendors and several children's activities.
We were just awarded an LEF grant to implement a S.T.E.A.M. Lab in the library. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) The grant will supply technical materials and furniture for the new area.
Many of the other schools in the district are putting these labs together. It is a creative place where children get to use different materials to design, build and play allowing their imaginations to lead the way. They can look at books to get ideas or research a possible area and then take that knowledge to make their own project.
However, we are looking for additional items to complete this lab which will provide a new concept for learning. We would appreciate any donations, new or used from the list provided on the link below.
Please bring any donations to the office and we will come and pick them up.
Thank you so much for helping us create this amazing space. We are ready to let your children's imaginations run wild.
Thank you so much,
Mrs. Block, Mrs. McMurray, Mrs. Mayfield and Mrs. Virant
Do you have a funny, mysterious, scary or informative story you always wanted to share?
Do you love to write or draw?
Would you like to be the author of your own book?
Well, if you do, then Bronco Tales is for you!
What is Bronco Tales Publishing?
Bronco Tales Publishing is a PTA sponsored enrichment program open to all Bridlewood Elementary students K-5th Grade. We are a team of volunteers that help students turn their stories and illustrations into a hardbound keepsake book.
-- Morning Mile
Monday - Friday, 7:15-7:35am
Lace up your running shoes......and get ready to run! Morning Mile is daily at 7:15am behind BES. Morning Mile is a before school walking/running program designed to let students begin each day in an active, healthy and fun way.
-- Spirit Days every Friday!
Show your school spirit EVERY Friday by sending your child to school wearing his or her spirit wear (new or old). If you have not purchased spirit wear please click this link and order yours today! Thanks for supporting our school.
Bridlewood Fundraising Info
-- Build a Bronco Check Drive
"Build a Bronco" is our check drive and it is the ONLY fundraising event we hope to do this school year. The check drive will fund the programs and activities for our school. In the past we have sold wrapping paper, passbooks, coffee and more!
-- That is ONE CHECK - ONE TIME A YEAR and it is 100% Tax Deductible!
-- Our 2015-2016 "Build a Bronco" Check Drive goal is $12,000.
-- The PTA spent approximately $70 per student on programs last year.
-- If each family would kindly donate $50 or more per family, we will meet our goal!
-- Click here to donate today! Thank you!
-- Spirit Wear
Show off your Bridlewood Spirit by purchasing Spirit Wear T-Shirts for the whole family. Car decals and yard signs are available this year to show off your spirit at home or on the go. Want to sparkle? Custom shirts can be ordered to include bling and glitter when you order directly from Big Frog (extended sizes available too). All styles can be purchased online thru the Big Frog website.
YOUTH SIZE SHIRTS: (Also available in adult sizes)
-- Bridlewood Birthday Books
Introducing the NEW BIRTHDAY BOOKS program at BES! This is an optional way to celebrate your child's special day. Simply go pick out a book to purchase from this link to donate to our school library. Your child's name will appear in the cover of the book recognizing that the book was gifted in their honor. Your child will also be recognized for their birthday book donation. Thank you for considering this great program!
-- Box Tops Contest
Each 9 Weeks of school
Prizes given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5
Please remember to clip and save your Box Tops! You can send them to school in a baggie or on a collection sheet found at the link below. Please make sure to include your child's name and teacher. Your child can send them to their teacher or put them in the Box Tops box in front of the cafeteria. Thank you for helping earn money for our school! Prizes will be given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5.
-- Labels for Education
Each 9 Weeks of school
Clip and save UPCs and beverage/sauce caps from participating products. To see full list of participating products go to:
Place all of your Labels for Education® UPCs and caps in a zip lock bag, or sealed envelope. Include student’s name, teacher’s name, grade, and number of labels collected. *Please make sure you complete all information. Turn in your labels either to your teacher or in the large Labels for Education® collection box in the front of the school. Thank you for supporting Bridlewood PTA and school!
The classroom that collects the most Labels for Education® points will earn a Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Cake party in their classroom! They will also receive “bragging rights” with a special trophy that will stay in their classroom until the next contest. There will also be individual drawings for prizes throughout the contest period.
Volunteer Opportunities at BES
There are endless opportunities to volunteer at Bridlewood. Here are several that we need all year!
- Be the Bronco -- Show your school spirit!! We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to wear the Bronco costume at various events throughout the school year. When we have a need, we will reach out to our group of volunteers to see who may be available. Click here to volunteer! Questions? Contact Juels Fredrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Club Volunteer, Spring Session -- Parent volunteers will lead small groups through a fun, pre-planned activity, snack and book discussion (guidelines provided). Please visit the Book Club page for more details on meetings dates and times. Contact Sara Pellegreen at email@example.com with questions or click here to volunteer for the fall session.
- Classroom Photographers Wanted -- Like taking pictures of your kiddos? How about use your skills and volunteer for your homeroom teacher to take pictures throughout the year! Pictures are needed at classroom parties, field trips, music performances, lunch, recess, after school enrichment activities, or any other school related events. These pictures help fill our yearbook each year and create a beautiful keepsake for all to cherish! Please contact Heather Curlett for more information or to sign up here! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jump Rope for the Heart - Volunteers needed to assist Coach Moore during this fun event for our little jump-ropers! Click here to learn more or contact Caprice Payne (email@example.com) for more information.
- Lunchroom Helpers -- Come help the kindergarten kids and teachers during lunch. Please click here to select a day to volunteer. Lunchroom Helper Coordinator: Stacey Hatem (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Morning Mile Volunteers -- Need several volunteers who can commit to one day every week. Set up cones, hand out tallies, and write down laps. Contact Rikki Boehmer (email@example.com) or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) -- Calling all Dads! The Watch D.O.G.S. engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at Bridlewood. Contact Kirk Nobles (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click here to sign up to volunteer!
- “Pinch Hitters” -- ALWAYS Needed! These volunteers help out in various programs when needed. Please contact Lesli Witte (email@example.com)
Bridlewood PTA Sponsors
- Please click on the Sponsor's Logo below and you will be directed to their website.
- Thank you for your support of our Bridlewood PTA and school!