Welcome to the Bridlewood PTA Website!
(Be sure to Log-In in order to access the hidden tabs above and the entire site)
- PTA VOLUNTEER POSITIONS, 2016-2017: Click here to view list of open positions.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: On sale now until Jun 15th--Order online here (School ID: BRI062, 3 letters/3 numbers)
- SUMMER BIRTHDAY MARQUEE AUCTION: Click here to bid! Auction ends May 27th at 3pm!
Bridlewood Elementary School: Upcoming Events
-- Summer Birthday Marquee Auction is LIVE!
Your child longs to have his/her name on the marquee, but has a summer birthday? Well here is your chance! We will have 3 names for each month! Wish them happy birthday even when we are out of school!
Summer Birthday Marquee Auction ENDS on May 27th at 3pm!
Click here to bid!
Organize and staff a booth to represent BES at the Marcus carnival. The carnival is the week of homecoming in September…date TBD
Solicit sponsors to support our school by advertising in our school directory and during the fall Tailgate Throwdown. This role is finished by mid November.
Organize ways that our school can help others in the community. This role is done through out the year.
Oversee volunteers that help during Kindergarten and 1st grade lunches. Volunteers will sign up online and along with a teacher will help students open cartons and other basic needs. Kindergarten has helpers all year and 1st grade only has volunteers for a couple of months.
Technology Liaison (PTA Website)
Responsible for the Bridlewood PTA website and can be done from home through out the year. Content will be provided from various committee chairs to keep the website current.
Gather information for the Bridlewood Directory and take to the printer for proofing and printing. You will work closely with Ways & Means who will provide the advertisers, school office and PTA membership. Directory is published in late-October/early-November. Work can be done from home.
WATCH D.O.G.S. Dads
Organize and promote this program where “dads” volunteer during the school day helping out in the classroom, lunchroom, recess and anywhere else you are needed.
Help encourage our students to go green! Come up with ideas to help our school the think more about the environment.
Destination Imagination is a problem solving educational organization that strives to promote creativity in young people. Help lead children in science, technology, engineering, math, arts & community service.
-- LISD BACK TO SCHOOL FAIR, July 30th
-- Friday Spirit Contest
SHOW YOUR BRIDLEWOOD SPIRIT! For the fourth quarter, there will be a "Friday Spirit" contest each week. The grade with the most participants will be the winner for the week and will receive possession of the spirit horse. The contest will be divided by grades K-2 and 3-5. Students can wear a Bridlewood, feeder school, or red shirt to be counted.
If you have not purchased spirit wear please click this link and order yours today! Thanks for supporting our school.
We were just awarded an LEF grant to implement a S.T.E.A.M. Lab in the library. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) The grant will supply technical materials and furniture for the new area.
Many of the other schools in the district are putting these labs together. It is a creative place where children get to use different materials to design, build and play allowing their imaginations to lead the way. They can look at books to get ideas or research a possible area and then take that knowledge to make their own project.
However, we are looking for additional items to complete this lab which will provide a new concept for learning. We would appreciate any donations, new or used from the list provided on the link below.
Please bring any donations to the office and we will come and pick them up.
Thank you so much for helping us create this amazing space. We are ready to let your children's imaginations run wild.
Thank you so much,
Mrs. Block, Mrs. McMurray, Mrs. Mayfield and Mrs. Virant
Bridlewood Fundraising Info
-- Build a Bronco Check Drive
"Build a Bronco" is our check drive and it is the ONLY fundraising event we hope to do this school year. The check drive will fund the programs and activities for our school. In the past we have sold wrapping paper, passbooks, coffee and more!
-- That is ONE CHECK - ONE TIME A YEAR and it is 100% Tax Deductible!
-- Our 2015-2016 "Build a Bronco" Check Drive goal is $12,000.
-- The PTA spent approximately $70 per student on programs last year.
-- If each family would kindly donate $50 or more per family, we will meet our goal!
-- Click here to donate today! Thank you!
-- Spirit Wear
Show off your Bridlewood Spirit by purchasing Spirit Wear T-Shirts for the whole family. Car decals and yard signs are available this year to show off your spirit at home or on the go. Want to sparkle? Custom shirts can be ordered to include bling and glitter when you order directly from Big Frog (extended sizes available too). All styles can be purchased online thru the Big Frog website.
-- Bridlewood Birthday Books
Introducing the NEW BIRTHDAY BOOKS program at BES! This is an optional way to celebrate your child's special day. Simply go pick out a book to purchase from this link to donate to our school library. Your child's name will appear in the cover of the book recognizing that the book was gifted in their honor. Your child will also be recognized for their birthday book donation. Thank you for considering this great program!
-- Box Tops Contest
The contest ENDS MAY 27th!
Prizes given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5
Please remember to clip and save your Box Tops! You can send them to school in a baggie or on a collection sheet found at the link below. Please make sure to include your child's name and teacher. Your child can send them to their teacher or put them in the Box Tops box in front of the cafeteria. Thank you for helping earn money for our school! Prizes will be given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5.
Volunteer Opportunities at BES
There are endless opportunities to volunteer at Bridlewood. Here are several that we need all year!
- Be the Bronco -- Show your school spirit!! We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to wear the Bronco costume at various events throughout the school year. When we have a need, we will reach out to our group of volunteers to see who may be available. Click here to volunteer! Questions? Contact Jules Fredrick at email@example.com.
- Classroom Photographers Wanted -- Like taking pictures of your kiddos? How about use your skills and volunteer for your homeroom teacher to take pictures throughout the year! Pictures are needed at classroom parties, field trips, music performances, lunch, recess, after school enrichment activities, or any other school related events. These pictures help fill our yearbook each year and create a beautiful keepsake for all to cherish! Please contact Heather Curlett for more information or to sign up here! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Morning Mile Volunteers -- Need several volunteers who can commit to one day every week. Set up cones, hand out tallies, and write down laps. Contact Rikki Boehmer (email@example.com) or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) -- Calling all Dads! The Watch D.O.G.S. engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at Bridlewood. Contact Kirk Nobles (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click here to sign up to volunteer!
- “Pinch Hitters” -- ALWAYS Needed! These volunteers help out in various programs when needed. Please contact Lesli Witte (email@example.com)
Bridlewood PTA Sponsors
- Please click on the Sponsor's Logo below and you will be directed to their website.
- Thank you for your support of our Bridlewood PTA and school!