Welcome to the Bridlewood PTA Website!
(Be sure to Log-In in order to access the hidden tabs above and the entire site)
- TEACHER APPREC. DAY! MAY 2-6: Click here to sign up for gift cards & treats!
- TEACHER WISH LISTS: Click here to see your teacher's favorites!
- PTA VOLUNTEER POSITIONS, 2016-2017: Click here to view list of open positions.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: On sale now until Jun 15th--Order online here (School ID: BRI062, 3 letters/3 numbers)
Bridlewood Elementary School: Upcoming Events
-- College & Career Week: May 2-6
All students at BES will have the opportunity to participate in college and career week. Each day there is a theme from the book, "Oh, the Places You’ll Go." Each student is invited to participate in these fun days. Lessons on goal setting will be taught during the student’s guidance class, and the teachers will share their college and career paths.
Monday- “You Won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed. You’ll pass the whole gang, and you’ll soon take the lead.”
- We are in shape and ready to take the lead. Wear work out clothes!
Tuesday- “You’ll be on your way! You’ll be seeing great sights!”
- Hats off to you on your adventures. Wear a college (or any) hat.
Wednesday- “On and on you will hike. And I know you’ll hike far! (Maybe all the way to the stars!)”
- May the force be with you. Wear Star Wars shirts.
Thursday- “You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any directions you choose.”
-Dress as a future desired career to show which direction you will go.
Friday- “Oh the Places you’ll go!"
- Wear a college shirt or a school shirt on your path to college(Bridlewood, Downing, Marcus).
-- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 2-6
Sign-up Sheet, Volunteers Needed: Click here to view
Teacher Wish Lists: Click here to view
-- Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon: May 18th, 11-12pm BES Library
Calling ALL Volunteers...the teachers and staff at BES would love to thank anyone and everyone who volunteered this year...class parties, chaperones, room parents, copy room parent, PTA, etc.! They will host a luncheon in our honor, May 18th from 11am - 12pm in the library. Please contact Sara Easton email@example.com with questions. Thanks!
-- Morning Mile April Contest
LET’S GET MOVING! During the month of April, the class with the most runners and the class with the highest mileage will win a SILLY STRING PARTY! Join Morning Mile each morning behind BES from 7:15-7:35am. You can walk or run and have some fun with friends before school begins! For more information, go to http://www.mybridlewoodpta.org/morningmile.
-- Friday Spirit Contest
SHOW YOUR BRIDLEWOOD SPIRIT! For the fourth quarter, there will be a "Friday Spirit" contest each week. The grade with the most participants will be the winner for the week and will receive possession of the spirit horse. The contest will be divided by grades K-2 and 3-5. Students can wear a Bridlewood, feeder school, or red shirt to be counted.
If you have not purchased spirit wear please click this link and order yours today! Thanks for supporting our school.
We were just awarded an LEF grant to implement a S.T.E.A.M. Lab in the library. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) The grant will supply technical materials and furniture for the new area.
Many of the other schools in the district are putting these labs together. It is a creative place where children get to use different materials to design, build and play allowing their imaginations to lead the way. They can look at books to get ideas or research a possible area and then take that knowledge to make their own project.
However, we are looking for additional items to complete this lab which will provide a new concept for learning. We would appreciate any donations, new or used from the list provided on the link below.
Please bring any donations to the office and we will come and pick them up.
Thank you so much for helping us create this amazing space. We are ready to let your children's imaginations run wild.
Thank you so much,
Mrs. Block, Mrs. McMurray, Mrs. Mayfield and Mrs. Virant
Bridlewood Fundraising Info
-- Build a Bronco Check Drive
"Build a Bronco" is our check drive and it is the ONLY fundraising event we hope to do this school year. The check drive will fund the programs and activities for our school. In the past we have sold wrapping paper, passbooks, coffee and more!
-- That is ONE CHECK - ONE TIME A YEAR and it is 100% Tax Deductible!
-- Our 2015-2016 "Build a Bronco" Check Drive goal is $12,000.
-- The PTA spent approximately $70 per student on programs last year.
-- If each family would kindly donate $50 or more per family, we will meet our goal!
-- Click here to donate today! Thank you!
-- Spirit Wear
Show off your Bridlewood Spirit by purchasing Spirit Wear T-Shirts for the whole family. Car decals and yard signs are available this year to show off your spirit at home or on the go. Want to sparkle? Custom shirts can be ordered to include bling and glitter when you order directly from Big Frog (extended sizes available too). All styles can be purchased online thru the Big Frog website.
-- Bridlewood Birthday Books
Introducing the NEW BIRTHDAY BOOKS program at BES! This is an optional way to celebrate your child's special day. Simply go pick out a book to purchase from this link to donate to our school library. Your child's name will appear in the cover of the book recognizing that the book was gifted in their honor. Your child will also be recognized for their birthday book donation. Thank you for considering this great program!
-- Box Tops Contest
Each 9 Weeks of school
Prizes given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5
Please remember to clip and save your Box Tops! You can send them to school in a baggie or on a collection sheet found at the link below. Please make sure to include your child's name and teacher. Your child can send them to their teacher or put them in the Box Tops box in front of the cafeteria. Thank you for helping earn money for our school! Prizes will be given to the winning classes K-2 and 3-5.
-- Labels for Education
Spring Contest - April 4 to May 13th
Clip and save UPCs and beverage/sauce caps from participating products. To see full list of participating products go to:
Place all of your Labels for Education® UPCs and caps in a zip lock bag, or sealed envelope. Include student’s name, teacher’s name, grade, and number of labels collected. *Please make sure you complete all information. Turn in your labels either to your teacher or in the large Labels for Education® collection box across from the cafeteria. Thank you for supporting Bridlewood PTA and school!
The classroom that collects the most Labels for Education® points will earn a Popsicle party in their classroom! They will also receive “bragging rights” with a special trophy that will stay in their classroom until the next contest. There will also be individual drawings for prizes throughout the contest period.
Volunteer Opportunities at BES
There are endless opportunities to volunteer at Bridlewood. Here are several that we need all year!
- Picture Day - Spring -- Parent volunteers needed to help on Picture Day, April 19th. Click here to volunteer.
- Field Day, April 21st - Play with your kids on Field Day! We are looking for 2 volunteers for each class to come and help the kids move from station to station. We are also looking for someone to bring a large cooler on wheels to help transport the water bottles to each station. Click here to volunteer.
- Be the Bronco -- Show your school spirit!! We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to wear the Bronco costume at various events throughout the school year. When we have a need, we will reach out to our group of volunteers to see who may be available. Click here to volunteer! Questions? Contact Jules Fredrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom Photographers Wanted -- Like taking pictures of your kiddos? How about use your skills and volunteer for your homeroom teacher to take pictures throughout the year! Pictures are needed at classroom parties, field trips, music performances, lunch, recess, after school enrichment activities, or any other school related events. These pictures help fill our yearbook each year and create a beautiful keepsake for all to cherish! Please contact Heather Curlett for more information or to sign up here! (email@example.com)
- Jump Rope for the Heart - Volunteers needed to assist Coach Moore during this fun event for our little jump-ropers! Click here to learn more or contact Caprice Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Morning Mile Volunteers -- Need several volunteers who can commit to one day every week. Set up cones, hand out tallies, and write down laps. Contact Rikki Boehmer (email@example.com) or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) -- Calling all Dads! The Watch D.O.G.S. engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at Bridlewood. Contact Kirk Nobles (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click here to sign up to volunteer!
- “Pinch Hitters” -- ALWAYS Needed! These volunteers help out in various programs when needed. Please contact Lesli Witte (email@example.com)
Bridlewood PTA Sponsors
- Please click on the Sponsor's Logo below and you will be directed to their website.
- Thank you for your support of our Bridlewood PTA and school!