Spring Book Fair Open!
February 27th - March 6th
Hours of Spring Book Fair:
Open Daily, 8:00am - 4:00pm
(Friday, March 6th: 8:00am-12:00pm)
Special Book Fair Events:
Friday, February 27th: Book Fair Opens, 8:00 AM
Wednesday, March 4th: Lunch with Loved Ones
Bring your special loved one with you to Book Fair! Have lunch in the cafeteria during your child's regular scheduled time, then swim on down to the library to check out our cool Book Fair!
Thursday, March 5th: General PTA Meeting, 5:30-6:00 PM, All are Welcome! (BES Cafeteria)
Open House, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Spring Preview--Click here to check out our featured selection of hot titles!
100's more available at our Spring Book Fair!
Please sign-up to volunteer at the Spring Book Fair!
Parent Volunteers are needed to help students select books and assist with the check out process. Also, please sign up to set up or take down the displays and books before and after this event. Please meet in the library after checking in at the office. Thank you!
21-Day Healthy Snack Challenge
Have you ever been stuck coming up with healthy snack ideas for your child or want to find a way to involve your child in food preparations? You will not want to miss this…
We are excited to announce a “21-Day - Healthy Snack Challenge” which LISD is promoting along with Medical City Children’s Hospital. Registration is from February 2 through 8, and the challenge begins February 9th and ends March 2nd.
A 21 day commitment, can seem overwhelming, but start small and see how much you can accomplish. Involve your child, and they will help to motivate you. To Sign Up for the 21-Day Challenge go to www.kids-teaching-kids.com.
Where can you find healthy snack ideas? On Tuesday, February 3rd, your child will be sent home with a cookbook full of health snack ideas and there are numerous ideas that can be found at www.kids-teaching-kids.com., go to ‘Healthy Snack Finder’ and type in on or more ingredients you have at home (one must be fruit or vegetable) to come up with a great idea.
This is a joint project with PE and PTA. If you have any questions please contact Coach Moore at mooresm@lisd or Valarie Lewis Kestner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great PTA Fundraising Events Active Now!
Build a Bronco Check Drive
"Build a Bronco" is our check drive and it is the ONLY fundraising event we hope to do this school year. The check drive will fund the programs and activities for our school. In the past we have sold wrapping paper, passbooks, coffee and more!
-- That is ONE CHECK - ONE TIME A YEAR and it is 100% Tax Deductable!
-- Our 2014-2015 "Build a Bronco" Check Drive goal is $12,000.
-- If each family would kindly donate $50 or more, we will meet our goal!
-- Click here to donate today! Thank you!
Volunteer Opportunities at BES
There are endless opportunities to volunteer at Bridlewood. Here are several that we need all year!
- Classroom Photographers Wanted -- Like taking pictures of your kiddos? How about use your skills and volunteer for your homeroom teacher to take pictures throughout the year! Pictures are needed at classroom parties, field trips, music performances, lunch, recess, after school enrichment activities, or any other school related events. These pictures help fill our yearbook each year and create a beautiful keepsake for all to cherish! Please contact Heather Curlett for more information or to sign up here! (email@example.com)
- Lunchroom Helpers – Come help the kindergarten kids and teachers during lunch. Please click here to select a day to volunteer. Lunchroom Helper Coordinator: Julie Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Morning Mile Volunteers – Need several volunteers who can commit to one day every week. Set up cones, hand out tallies, and write down laps. Contact Kara Valdez (email@example.com) or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Motor Lab Volunteers – Assist teachers in the Motor Lab (works with K and 1st grade on core strengthening, fine and gross motor skills.) Please contact Julie Blackstad (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or click here to select a day to volunteer.
- Tuesday Newsday -- We are looking for volunteers to help out at least one Monday a month for about an hour to distribute flyers to the teacher folders. This is an ideal job if you can't make a long-term commitment! Just sign up on the dates you're available! If you are interested in helping one hour, once or on multiple days, please sign up here. If you have questions, please email Rachel McDonald (email@example.com).
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) – Calling all Dads! The Watch D.O.G.S. engage men, inspire children, reduce bullying and enhance the educational environment at Bridlewood. Contact Scott Bowdouris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click here to sign up to volunteer!
- “Pinch Hitters” – ALWAYS Needed! These volunteers help out in various programs when needed. Please contact Karen Stevens (email@example.com)
2014-2015 Open PTA Positions
Detailed descriptions of the open positions can be found here. Please contact Alison Bowdouris if you are interested!
Bridlewood PTA Sponsors
- Please click on the Sponsor's Logo below and you will be directed to their website.
- Thank you for your support of our Bridlewood PTA and school!